Monday, November 27, 2006

Thanksgiving with Family and Mail from Friends


We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with 11 at our house for fried Turkey, baked ham with all the fixin's. The long weekend was a perfect mix of productivity(sewing) and relaxing. I'm thankful that most of my family lives close enough that we can spend Turkey day together.

My nephew bathed/washed the measuring cup very well in the sink after dinner, then we all watched the Broncos lose to our rivals KC.




I also received some pretty amazing and surprising mail over the weekend. I got 2 incredibly thoughtful Birthday packages from Jessica and Carole. I apologize for the poor lighting in the pictures but it was dark out when I checked the mail and I just could not wait to open these packages.


Jessica sent me a beautiful vintage hankie with apple and pears and birds on it - so great it will get framed not cut-ever!!
Then she sent me the sweetest handmade birthday scrapbook, a beautiful needlepointed bookmark (Queen Mary will be glad it's saving her place in my current read), and a gorgeous pair of earrings made by a local artist near her.













Carole sent me a few sweet goodies from Emily at the Black Apple, a gorgeous lavender sachet ornament with a sweet little bird printed on the front, a wonderful necklace made by the talented Carole herself, a bookplate
2 of the cutest tape measures for myself and my mom and some of the most appropriate cards! ;)


Both of you wow me with your kind and unexpected generosity, you know me well and I couldn't have picked out treasures for myself that are so well suited to my personality as you both did - Thank You!

1 comment:

Funky Finds said...

aw! i was going to send you one of the black apple christmas cards too! :) looks like carole & i have similar taste...same as you! i wish you a very happy birthday tomorrow! may it be a year filled with much happiness. thanks for being a wonderful (and talented) blog buddy - and to clairfy, i did not make the bookmark, but another local crafter did! (i don't have the patience)