Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Bags, Boobs & Teeth

Ok, so I've been a little absent from the blog lately and I hope to catch up all my blog sweethearts with my redcent doings, I have a big fresh cup of coffee sitting here with me. Here's a picture of a new bag that's of course here I struggled with a name and then went searching for most popular names in the 1930's and Doris just popped out at me. I plan on making more of these in a few variations. I have some red suede and some black boucle fabric that I'm looking forward to using. I don't know why all of a sudden I felt like making a bag with no patterned fabric, it's so unlike me! Maybe I needed an eye cleansing palette for this one.


So as promised here a few pics from the very successful Race For the Cure on Sunday, there were 65,395 participants and we had a pretty large group ourselves. This year we walked the coed race, in previous years my friend Cassie and I have run the early race and then joined our RFTC group to walk. This year we just did the walk and Cassie's mom and grandma who are both breast cancer survivors joined as they usually do. Here in interesting pic I took on the on ramp to Auraria Pkwy, you can see everyone above the bridge and below, shows you just how many people patricipated.

So the reason for not posting these pics yesterday is because I wen to the dentist yesterday and then wasn't much in a blogging mood when I returned. This new dentist I'm going to is so great(well as great as a dentist can be)! ;) He uses nano technology for fillings and does some crazy stuff with lasers, he is so passionate about his work and uses so much technology I can't even wrap my brain around it all. Anyway, we are in the process of re-doing every filling I have in my mouth with his super crazy nano technology fillings. Aparantly old school filling don't attach themselves to the tooths surface very well and therefore allow for decay between your tooth and old fillings, when this dentist does a new filling he doesn't have to give you Novocaine because it's all done with lasers. Of course since he's replacing all my old ones I had 4 shots of numbing goodness yesterday. After going to this Dr. every other dentist seems like a witch doctor.
Amazingly enough even with a crazy numb face yesterday and speaking like I had a mouth full of Jello or something I went to fabric store and a few new goodies.
Anyway, I've rambled long enough - like any of you really wanted to know that much about my mouth, right?
Anyway, keep an eye out for the most BEAUTIFUL orange knitted cap my mother brought over yesterday - it's so gorgeous I don't know if pictures will portray the glisten of the yarn! Also, another black & tan Muse cuff.
Thans for listening to my ramblings - cheers!

3 comments:

Wannabe said...

Eye shhhhure hopes you're feelishing bettsher. Bwahahhaha...okay that was my feeble attempt at how I sound when I get home from the dreaded grips of Dr. Dentist. Muahahahahha...
I LOVE that bag and can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve!

Anonymous said...

did you say ORANGE knit cap ? uh are you talking to me? Could not have picked purple or red or green huh? had to be my all time fave, have no willpower against, love love love it ORANGE !!! Jeepers creeper girl, you and your Mom must be in cahoots against my checkbook :)

Funky Finds said...

with a title like bags, boobs & teeth you know i'm hooked! LOL so great that you did the race. such a wonderful event! and love the new bag! hi doris