Monday, June 26, 2006

Starting to get Vegas Fever!



My DH and I are going to Vegas next week for the 4th of July and I'm soooo ready for vacation, it's all i can think about today, seeing as how it's Monday and all! ;)

We love going to Vegas, it's familiar, there is TONS to do and we love the sun and hanging out at the pool. We're not big gamblers, we'll sit down for an hour or 2 a day while there, play some nickel or quarter slots and I always have to give the big ol' progressives a shot but mostly we go for the entertainment, restaurants and bars.

We plan on doing a great Italian restaurant in Venetian, we're going to make Boa our 1st stop, they have the best Signature cocktails - I think one of my favs is the Pomegranate one with lavender in it. Such a delicious treat and such a unique idea. I think my favorite thing in Vegas though is the Fountains at Bellagio, this time we're going to eat at the Olives Restaurant right on the fountains so I can see my water show and listen to Frank Sinatra for at least a couple hours in a row!! :)We're seeing Carrot Top which should be fun, and we'll be eating at Red Square in Mandalay, they have delicious Blue Cheese stuffed olive martinis. On the 4th we're going to eat at Mix in THE Hotel in Mandalay - wow is that restaurant gorgeous or what? I might be too distracted to actually eat which at this point might be ok because I just realized that I better do the elliptical like crazy this week with all the eating I plan to do!

Oh yeah, and for fun I'm going to make myself a Wayniac handbag like Ellen's shirt from National Lampoon's Vegas Vacation. Kinda nerdy but I can't help it, I'll post pics when it's done.

1 comment:

Funky Finds said...

This sounds fabulous! Ya'll will have a blast. The minute I saw the picture of Ellen I thought wow! Mary's gonna make a shirt like that!? Yowser. I think a bag is much cooler! LOL